Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Jessie J (Times Two), T.I. and Christina Aguilera, and New Videos

Hello friends! I apologize for not having a music blog last week. I've been occupied working on another music blog for a Kansas City based newspaper, which has taken a lot of my time. I only have a couple new songs for you guys, plus a couple new music videos from songs I have previously blogged about. Let's start with my newest discoveries.


Jessie J "Do It Like a Dude (Explicit version)



My friend Sarah shared this video of me, curious about my opinion on it. My first impression was that I saw Jessie J as a mix between Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj (that's a mind blowing thought in itself), with a slight mix of Rhianna's rockier music stylings. After listening to it several times, I'm getting into it. She's very aggressive natured, which will shock many but please others. Just yesterday, I discovered a new video of hers.

Jessie J feat. B.O.B. "Price Tag"



Jessie J has a very unique style among her other pop/dance counterparts. Add this collaboration with B.O.B. and she's going to get some attention from the music world. I'm going to keep an eye on her career and see how it unfolds.

T.I. featuring Christina Aguilera "Castle Walls"



When I noticed this collaboration, I thought "this could be a great blend of voices and lyrics." It seems to work nicely. I like that Christina is exploring her career opportunities (which part of it is because of her recent developments in her personal life... hey it happens). I'm definitely interested in seeing how this music video is going to look.


Okay, now to share a couple new music videos!

Avril Lavigne "What the Hell"



The video is fun, flirty and chaotic... totally Avril Lavigne's style. Welcome back girlie!!!

Pink "Fucking Perfect"



Okay, this video got me close to teary by the end. It was a very heartfelt story. I loved that Tina Majorino was cast for this video... she's one of the few child stars that have reemerged as an adult to some really great roles.

Well, that's all for this week's edition of New Music Tuesday. I'm impatiently waiting for the 13th of this month, since that's when Lady Gaga FINALLY releases her first single from her new album, both titled "Born This Way." :-)

2 comments:

  1. OK I had a few thoughts. To anyone reading this please note these are just my opinions so don;t take it too seriously.

    Jessie J "Do It Like a Dude (Explicit version)... apparently she wants to be a black man. While I have no judgments on people's personal choices do we really need to hear about it in song format? The obvious uses of auto-tune, while I am sure are out in to reinforce the rap feel of this song, make it sound like her singing is inferior. I have heard her do other things and its not so I don't get it.

    Jessie J feat. B.O.B. "Price Tag"... this video is like Katy Perry meets Toy Story. Which is not to say I didn't like it, I did... until B.O.B. jumped in. Remove his contribution to this song and I think it works well.

    T.I. featuring Christina Aguilera "Castle Walls"... not digging this one. Of course I am not a big fan of hers anyway, add T.I. and it just screams fail.

    Avril Lavigne "What the Hell"... yet more encouragement for little girls to be whores. How many mixed messages do we need to send to our youth? Yes for adults we can get more out of it but for youth that listen it clearly says do what you want, What the Hell.

    Pink "Fucking Perfect"... love this one. Very touching story. The scene at the end really gets you choked up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing more new music Case! I really enjoy these posts!

    Jessie J...not sure what to think of her. I wasn't too into the "Do it like a Dude" song/video. I liked "price tag" much better. I agreethat the 2nd one kind of reminded me of Katy {erry a little, but her rocker-edge she has reminds me more of Fergie. But so far...I just can't get into her stuff.

    T.I./Christina...honestly, I wasn't feeling the song so I stopped listening. But, I do LOVE Christina, I hope she makes more/better music soon that doesn't hide the fact that she has an AMAZING voice. So much of her recent work downplays what a vocal powerhouse she really is.

    Avril's video was fun...like the song. That's about all I really like about it haha. I do enjoy the song, it's fun to sing along with lol.

    P!nk's "Fucking Perfect" is one of my favorite songs right now! The video was great and very touching, I'm glad you shared that. I lvoe pink...she's a great artist.

    ReplyDelete