Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Music Tuesday: G. Love, We the Kings, and Some New (and Unusual) Artists and Bands

Good afternoon! I hope everyone is doing well.

I have found a handful of new songs for you this week. A few of the artists/groups are new to the music scene, while others have not been exposed to the mainstream radio stations (which isn't a bad thing). Please enjoy what I believe will be a lot of new discoveries for you...


G. Love "Just Fine"



G. Love is an artist I discovered in the spring, after finding one of his cd's in my house (my family has a friend that likes making copies of cd's for us). I love how his music is simple and very down to earth. I know a lot of people who will be able to relate to this song. It's very beautiful and I'm definitely investing in this new album. I highly recommend checking out more of his music... it's worth it :-)


We The Kings "Friday is Forever"



According to music, Friday is a pretty popular day (Rebecca Black had to start the trend, didn't she?). Does anyone else have the urge to gather a bunch of friends, drive to the beach, and use this song as a reminder of how awesome of a day you will have/just had? This is definitely a feel good song for the end of summer.

*I've known about We The Kings for a few years now (thanks to David Cook), but now I know that they are a very talented group of guys.


Cherri Bomb "The Pretender"



Rocker girls doing a cover of a Foo Fighters song... badass! I like them a lot. :-)


All Time Low "Forget About It"



All Time Low has joined the "use concert footage for a music video" club. I like how they added some animated lyrics to the video... it helps make it stand out. I really like the song. It makes me want to sing along with a group of friends while gathered around a bonfire and having lots of drinks. It's just a feel good song that you want to sing!


Jacob Latimore "Nothing on Me"



You know, for a 14 year old (nearly 15), Jacob has moves! Some users on YouTube are calling him the black Justin Bieber... yeah, I can see that. I love the beat of the song and it goes well with all the dancing in the video. Excellent combination. Only time (and a fanbase) will tell if he's going to stay in the spotlight...


Teddybears featuring Cee Lo Green and the B52's "Cho Cha"



The collaboration of Cee Lo Green and the B-52's with an artist I haven't heard of... I knew I was in for something interesting. After watching the video... interesting is an understatement. I immediately got the creeper/borderline pedophile vibe from the guy, and it did not settle well with me. By the end of the video, I was cheering the girl on for seeking vengeance on the guy (after her transformation). The song is pretty catchy, though. I'll have to look into more music from Teddybears.


That's it for this week's New Music Tuesday... see you next time!

1 comment: