Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The 30 Day Musical Theatre Song Challenge

Theater arts is one of many things I am passionate about. When I was in high school, I decided to get involved in theater. At first, I just wanted to be behind the scenes, working on the props crew or making costumes. But then, I got the itch. I tried out for the musicals and stage shows. My friends and I would play improvisational games to entertain each other. Even though I never made it on the main stage, I was a member of the lobby cast and took a theater class. By senior year, I was the leader of the lobby cast and had established that I was really good at performing.

A few weeks ago, one of my theater buddies "liked" a challenge on Facebook. It caught my interest and I went onto the page to see what the challenge entailed. Not even an hour later, I had a list of all the musicals (and musical movies) I had ever seen, ready to apply several of them toward these challenges. Many of those musicals will be featured and some will show up more than once (but with different songs). Get ready for some powerful songs, some visually stimulating images, and a few surprises!

A SONG...

1. From the first musical you saw/heard.
2. From your latest musical obsession.
3. Demonstrating how underrated you think a musical is.
4. Demonstrating how overrated you think a musical is.
5. Which makes you happy.
6. Which makes you sad/teary.
7. Sung by your favourite female singer in a musical.
8. Sung by your favourite male singer in a musical.
9. From the musical you know all -or nearly all- the lines to.
10. From your least favourite musical.
11. From the musical which made the most impact on you.
12. You could listen to all day.
13. From the musical you loved from hearing the first note.
14. From the musical you haven't listened to (or seen) in a while.
15. By your favourite musical composer.
16. From your least favourite musical, by your favourite composer.
17. With the best music.
18. With the best lyrics.
19. From a musical which disappointed you.
20. From your 'guilty pleasure' musical.
21. Which inspires you.
22. From the musical you wish was (never) made into a movie.
23. From the musical which everyone should see performed live.
24. Which makes you laugh.
25. Which is your current favourite.
26. Sung by the character in a musical you can most relate to.
27. From a musical you'd love to see featuring/starring all your favourite performers.
28. Sung by the musical character that's so bad/cruel/evil (etc.) you love them OR Sung by the musical character you love to hate.
29. From the musical you would love to be involved in (directing, singing, etc.).
30. From your favourite musical.

No comments:

Post a Comment