Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Seether's Gone Country Strong, Incubus, Parties on Rooftops, A Kanrocksas Artist, Chris Brown, and a Remix

A new month has arrived, and so has new music from artists we love to others looking to establish a following. I was happy to discover that some bands I have enjoyed the past several years have released new singles over the past few weeks (which a couple of them are featured this week). So, without any further delay, lets listen to what I've found while browsing YouTube this morning.

Seether "Country Strong"



A rock song with a country edge to it... I like it!!! I also love the music video... to see two young children playing with cowboys, superheroes, pirates, aliens, and Barbies (with Seether as the cowboy's defending their town) was highly imaginative... and a little reminiscent of Toy Story. I'm excited to see new music from Seether and cannot wait to hear more!

Incubus "Adolescents"



Having just heard this song this morning, I am going to have to listen to it a few more times before I grow fond of it. I've been a fan of Incubus for years but I'm just not feeling this song yet.

Hot Chelle Rae "Tonight Tonight"



This song is just fun... I can imagine myself driving with the windows down while listening to this on the radio. The video is also very entertaining, between office shenanigans, crashing a kid's birthday party, and partying on rooftops. This could very well become the feel good song of the summer!


Tinie Tempah feat. Eric Turner "Written in the Stars"



I've heard this song on the radio (and seen the video on Mtv Hits) the past couple weeks, but it wasn't until a few days ago that I put the artist's name behind the song. Tinie Tempah is one of the artists that will be at Kanrocksas this year. I really like this song and when I finally made the connection, it made my excitement to go to the two day festival increase. The song is beautiful and if this is the kind of music that will be heard throughout his album, I might have to buy it!

Chris Brown "She Ain't You"



I'm not at all surprised that Chris Brown would pay tribute to his hero/mentor through a music video, especially after he did a tribute during one of the Mtv Video Music Awards a few years back. The song itself takes a few riffs from some of Michael Jackson's past hits, but in spirit of Chris Brown, he put his own twist on things. It's a pretty decent song... more on the softer side.

Britney Spears feat. Ke$ha and Nicki Minaj "Till the World Ends (Remix)"



Umm... wow. Can you say triple threat??? It seemed natural for Ke$ha to collaborate with Britney, since she was one of the writers of the song (seriously... Ke$ha has been writing songs for other artists for a few years, before she had her first album). Nicki Minaj was the surprise for me on this track, but it flowed well with the song. It's an interesting mix, and part of a trend of pop artists doing collaborations of current singles. I like the mix, more so because it's a lot less Britney, LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment