Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Steven Tyler Goes Solo, Simple Plan, and Three Other New Songs

There comes a time when looking for music that you seem to come across a streak of mediocre and bad songs. I've felt that since I started New Music Tuesday, I've had a pretty fair representation of decent to good music. This week, to me, has come of as pretty disappointing. I mean, I found some songs that I feel others would like, but I just couldn't find much that captured my interests. Anyway, don't let me be the only judge on new music... please, listen and feel free to voice your thoughts on the music!

Steven Tyler "(It) Feels So Good"



When in the world did Steven Tyler decide to go solo??? As a standalone song, it's pretty decent, but I'm used to the edgy rock that he performed with Aerosmith. It just makes me sad that I won't be hearing any new Aerosmith songs in the near future :-(

Simple Plan feat. Natasha Bedingfield "Jet Lag"



If I had heard this for the first time on the radio, I would have immedietly identified it as a Simple Plan song. I'm glad to see that they have returned with new songs, and added Natasha Bedingfield for this single. I like this song and am curious to hear what else will be coming out later this year.

Kitten "Chinatown"



I'm starting to get into rock music with a female as the lead vocalist (started with Halestorm). I have never heard of Kitten (I think), but I could really get into them. :-)

Nicole Scherzinger feat. 50 Cent " Right There"



I only have one word to describe my thoughts on this song and video... Meh.

The Black Eyed Peas "Don't Stop the Party"



For a Black Eyed Peas song... this one is not very thrilling. It doesn't make me want to dance in a club and Fergie's less-girly sound is a turn-off for me. You guys have not sold me on this song... sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment