Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Music Tuesday: Avenged Sevenfold, LMFAO, Beyonce, Avril Lavigne, and an SNL Digital Short

Hello friends! I apologize for not having a Movie Monday blog yesterday. I was not motivated to write because of the tornado and it's aftermath in Joplin, Missouri. I spent all Sunday night and all day Monday watching footage, looking at pics, and posting important information on Facebook and Twitter. I tried to get my blog written, but it just wasn't happening.

Anyway, switching gears now.... it's music time! Lots and lots of music. Thanks to MTV Hits, a summer music preview article in Entertainment Weekly, and Saturday Night Live, I found a lot of good stuff to share with you!

Avenged Sevenfold "So Far Away"



I've never really given Avenged Sevenfold a change, mostly because the name just brought painful memories of my ex-husband and a friend of his. I just happened to be watching tv when this video started. I really liked it and I've decided that it's been long enough time that I need to start exploring this band, since they are very talented. For those that have been fans of theirs, I hope that you are pleased with this latest single. I know I am!

LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett and GoonRock "Party Rock Anthem"



I love the way they took the concept of the movie 28 Days Later and made it into a dance version of the apocalypse. Not only is the video entertaining, but I absolutely love the song. It is very catchy and I cannot wait to dance to it in a club sometime soon! This will definitely be the #1 party song of the summer!!! :-)

Beyonce "Run the World (Girls)"



Looks like women have a new song to empower them! Beyonce has chosen a very powerful song to introduce us to her fourth solo album, aptly named 4. I read that she had been inspired by a lot of things over the past year, including Nigerian music (which I noticed that it was used for this song and with the choreography). I also noticed some Janet Jackson styled moves and Lady Gaga wardrobe influences. Welcome back to the airwaves Beyonce!

Avril Lavigne "Smile"



It's pretty obvious that the separation/divorce between her and Deryck Whibley is coming through in her songs. Even though you can hear a little bit of the heartbreak in the lyrics, the song is very uplifting and does put a smile on my face. I love the parts where she is in white room with all the black music equipment and spray paint. The hot pink and hot greens pop out very nicely. I also love how Avril is walking around town collecting the broken fragments. It was easy to tell what shape it was going to be by the end of the song.

Andy Samberg, Justin Timberlake, and Lady Gaga "3 Way (The Golden Rule)"



I had a feeling that there would be a new SNL Digital Short with Justin Timberlake hosting the season finale. In tradition of the Samberg/Timberlake skits, it begins with a "reminder" of the last song before it leads into the new one. To my surprise, Lady Gaga got involved herself. I enjoyed this song a lot (and got a lot of laughs), but my heart still belongs to Motherlover.

No comments:

Post a Comment