Friday, April 22, 2011

Movie Monday (Friday Edition): Summer Movie Previews

One of my favorite things to get in the mail is when Entertainment Weekly publishes their movie preview issues. So imagine my excitement when their Summer Movie Preview issue came in the mail over the weekend. A few days ago, my cousin got really excited when she found out about another Transformers film. I posted the trailer on her page, then I got inspired for a blog. So, to other fellow movie geeks out there, here are many trailers for movies that are coming out thru the end of summer!!!


Thor (May 6th)



This is just the first of many comic book to film adaptations this summer. I'm not as familiar with Thor, so this will be new (and hopefully pleasant) territory for me.

Bridesmaids (May 13th)



Yeah.... I think I will wait until its DVD release to check it out...

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (May 20th)



I have seen Dead Man's Chest and At World's End at the midnight showings. I'll probably see this one at midnight too. I'm ready to see a new chapter in Jack Sparrow's life, plus mermaids and zombies. I am excited to see Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz together in a movie again (last one was Blow). I am tempted to drink rum during the flick (Hey, Jack would expect it) but I would rather not get kicked out of the theater :-)

The Hangover Part II (May 26th)



The boys in Thailand... yep, that's how you upstage Las Vegas. I wonder how the wolfpack will do overseas.

Super 8 (June 10th)



I saw this trailer before Scream 4... and was giddy with excitement as soon as I saw that it was an Amblin Entertainment film. Thank you, Steven Spielberg for making another movie. I hope there is a midnight showing for this!!!

Green Lantern (June 17th)



This is another Marvel comic that I am not as familiar with, but I am interested in watching. And it's not just because of Ryan Reynolds.

Bad Teacher (June 24th)



I've been waiting to see previews for this since I first saw film stills last year! I cannot wait to see Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, and Jason Segel (my number one guy on My List) work together in what I hope to be comedic perfection!

Cars 2 (June 24th)



If it's a Disney/Pixar film, it will be watched in theaters. That's how I roll. It also is a good thing that my six year old is a fan of Lightning McQueen and the rest of the Cars gang. Ka-chow!!!

Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon (July 1st)



I hope this is better than the second film. I really REALLY hope so....

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Part II (July 15th)



This is the one film that I am most excited to see this summer. I'm not that fond of seeing it in 3D, but it might actually be cool to see some of the action with that extra dimension. It will be a bittersweet experience, since this is the last film of the book series. I hope they do justice to the book. Maybe we will all finally get to see Peeves the Poltergeist in a film (wishful thinking).

Friends with Benefits (July 22nd)



Earlier this year, we had No Strings Attached with Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman. This summer, Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. I'm going for Timberlake and Kunis. :-)

Captain America: The First Avenger (July 22nd)



Comic book geeks are going to have a very busy summer indeed! Compared to Thor and Green Lantern, this one is the one that has the most hype. Either it will be the best comic book movie this summer or fall short because it was overly promoted. We shall see when box office numbers start to come in...

Cowboys and Aliens (July 29th)



I really like the concept. What if aliens invaded in the days of the old West??? It looks very promising!

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (August 5th)



Get ready for some gorilla invasions... and James Franco in the middle of it all!

The Help (August 12th)



Okay, I must read this book before seeing the movie.... MUST.


Obviously I omitted several movies. I thought featuring 15 films was plenty. I will attempt to see many of these when they are still in theaters (or, even better, the drive-in... two movies for the price of one!). I am very excited for my future movie going experiences :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment