Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Xanga Diaries: Part VI

These Xanga entries were written in the middle of some of the darker days in my marriage to Brian. Fights happened a lot but I didn't want anybody to know about these things. I tried to make holidays and celebrations positive things, which they basically were. I also showed negativity toward moving back with my parents. I actually was relieved to be back there at the time, minus having the independence of having my own place. You will see some of my frustrations coming out with these entries...

------------------------------------------

Sunday, November 13, 2005
Currently Watching
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Full Screen Edition)
By Johnny Depp, Freddie Highmore, David Kelly

Ok, so it has been quite a while since I've written in here...

Truman celebrated his first birthday last week. He received a lot of Elmo toys (his favorite), a piggy bank, lots of new clothes, and lots of other noisy, musical toys. He had a great time with his birthday cake too (and we still haven't cleaned up the place where icing hit the wall in the living room). It's just very hard to believe that he's already a year old.

I'm also doing good at Home Depot. I'm knowing more and more about where everything is in the store. Someday I will probably pick a specific department to work at.

My 22nd birthday is coming up next week. Brian and I are celebrating by going to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. We already have the tickets and a babysitter for the night.

I need to catch up with my friends. I finally will have extra money to go hang out with everyone, I just need to get a time and place to hang out (especially Dixon!!!!!! and Jaymie too... with Daniel)

And that's all I have to say.... about that.

-----------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Currently Watching
Cheaper by the Dozen
By Hilary Duff, Bonnie Hunt, Steve Martin
New year, new life, new budget...

In order to save money, fix our credit and get ahead of the game, Brian, Truman, and I have temporarily moved into my parent's basement. It will suck for a while, but it is a small sacrifice to pay to get things set straight. We have invaded their basement, so in a way it feels like our own apartment.

Mom and Wendy just left for New York City for the week. Mom's got trampoline/tumbling things and Wendy doesn't go back to CMSU yet, so she tagged along. I just wish I could go too.

Now I am going to find something else to do.

hehehehehehe.....
-------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 03, 2006

Currently Listening
Gold Digger
By Kanye West, Jamie Foxx

I'm in a gooooooooooood mood... for no particular reason at all.

I had to call in sick at work last weekend, which is something I've never done before. I was sick though, and felt like complete crap. I'm just glad that Truman didn't catch whatever I had (which I am saying was the stomach flu). There are a couple things going around at my work, and everyone is getting either what I had or strep throat. Yeah, lots of people going home sick right now.

N-E-Ways... Valentine's Day is coming up and I really want to do something with Brian, but I don't know what yet. I guess I'll have to see what his ideas are.. or he may surprise me for all I know.

Truman has learned to terrorize the house... hehehe. He is walking extremely well and has grown another inch (meaning he can reach things better...). He can almost say "hello," but I am predicting he will in the next couple weeks.

Oh, and congrats to my sister Wendy. She just got hired at Victoria's Secret in Independence Center. She's so happy and excited (and she gets free stuff!).

P.S. It's Black History Month.... I'm paying homage by playing my favorite rap and hip hop songs! You do it too!!!
--------------------------------------------------
 
Saturday, February 11, 2006

You know that feeling where you feel like you're just doing the same thing each day and if you do it any longer, you'll explode?

Yeah... that was me yesterday.

I had to leave the house. I had to get away and do something on my own for a while. I have just felt lonely lately, even though there's five other people living in this house. Brian is hardly home anymore (workaholic) and I feel especially lonely because of that. It makes me not looking forward to Valentines Day, where he and I could possibly spend time together for once in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

I also feel lonely because I've personally ended contact with people I hung out with in high school, just because they've completely changed from how I knew them. Or maybe it's because I've changed since having a baby, and I don't want to deal with people that are constantly going to judge me in a high school drama sort of way. The only people I am willing to hang out with nowadays is Jaymie and Brandon. There are a few others, but they all go to school outside the metro area and haven't finished college yet.

I know I am known as the eternal optimist (duh... nickname's Sunshine), but even I have my days...

No comments:

Post a Comment