Friday, September 3, 2010

The World Will NOT End December 21, 2012.... I Have Proof!

If you actually believe that the events portrayed in the movie 2012 is going to happen in a little over two years, please let me know who you are so I can forget that I know you. Or I will be nice and just kick your ass. Yes, the Mayans do have that date specified, but to mark the end of a cycle, not the end of the world. This is probably one of the most misinterpreted historical facts out there.

But...

I do have an interesting perspective on when the end of the Mayan calender is actually supposed to happen. And it's nowhere near December 21, 2012. Just hear me out on this, you might learn a thing or two along the way.

-In Christianity, the years 666 and 1313 were omitted because of the satanic beliefs behind them. So now I wonder if the current date and time we all go by is based on that or not. If so... then we need to set our calanders back to 2008.

-On October 5, 1793, there was a decree implementing the start of leap year, also adding a leap day every four years. Since 1793, we have had
54 leap days. If we add in the 2 years we omitted from the Christian beliefs, we will have one more before 2012. So now we take those 55 leap days and figure that into the Mayan Calender.

-The Mayan Calender dates back to 6th Century BC. We are now in the 21st Century. If the Mayans didn't factor in a leap day (which I assume they didn't) then there should have been 678 leap days accounted for since 6th Century BC. Since we have factored in the 55 from listed above, then that would mean there is another 623 days that are not accounted for.

So what does my research lead me as far as figuring out when the end of the Mayan Calander SHOULD be?







Ok, I really suck at Math so I am just going to give you an estimated time.







I calculated that we are 4 years and 5 months behind, so that would make the end of the Mayan Calender to occur....



Sometime in April 2017.

Yes, I am aware I am full of shit.

2 comments:

  1. LOL.. I love this! Don't forget we also created daylight savings (in the 1930's-40's?) All those extra hours add up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I compliment you on bringing these facts forward. Most people that talk about the whole 2012 thing don't realize simple things like this. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete