Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Writer's Block

I've been staring at the laptop screen for about two hours now. I really havent been doing anything besides the occasional comment on Facebook or "liking" someone's status. I'm having a moment where my brain feels like it's turning to mush. This is a moment where I am having writer's block.

For someone who loves to write, like me, having nothing to write about is complete torture. I want to be able to write about something, anything! I have millions of ideas floating in my head on any given day, but when I sit down to actually start processing those ideas, I cant. It's frustrating as hell. So what do I do? I get on Facebook, Twitter or read other blogs from my friends, hoping some phrase or idea inspires me. When that doesnt work and I realize, once again, I zoned out for another 10-15 minutes, I get up from my desk and look around my room.

I walk over to my bookcase and look at my books. I search my DVD's to find some movie that I feel will bring out some creative thoughts. Sometimes I will pick out a musical, like Moulin Rouge or Chicago (but that doesn't always work because I end up just watching the movie and singing/dancing to it. Right now, I am watching Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton version). Ok, I am kind of watching it... more like listening to it and taking an occasional glance at my tv.

When that doesn't work either, I just start thinking random blog ideas. Should I do a blog about my new job? No... maybe in a couple weeks. Should I write about the new strip club laws? No... too many of my friends have blogged about it or posted stuff on Facebook. Even I have posted at least a dozen times the past few months about it, so there would be nothing new for me to write about. Anything else political that I want to blog about? No... nothing is standing out for me that I want to rant over. Truman? No... as much as I love my Mini Me, I can't seem to get any good inspiration for writing about him.

So I am stuck.

Stuck with a million thoughts and ideas in my head, but no outlet.

Dammit.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE how who wrote about not being able to write about anything. It shows a level of ability that few so called writers posses. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete