Thursday, December 23, 2010

Song #22- A Song You Listen To When You're Sad

Papa Roach "Broken Home"



A couple days ago, I posted that I listen to Limp Bizkit's "Break Stuff" when I am angry. Well, in a few instances, I would follow up with Papa Roach's "Broken Home." This song has more of an emotional hurt than emotional anger, at least that's how I see it. That would change my attitude a bit and my feelings of anger would turn toward sadness. On more than one occasion, it led me to start crying. And as many of you know, crying makes you feel a lot better.

The video is very personal as well. Lead singer Jacoby Shaddix had it filmed in his childhood home, where he had a troubling childhood. Images of things Shaddix experienced are portrayed in the video, ending in the destruction of his former home. You understood the anger and that makes for a great song. I bet it was very therapeutic for him to write the song and help destroy the home that caused him a lot of pain in the past.

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard this song before. It's very powerful. I definitely feel a connection with this song. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete