Monday, December 6, 2010

Song #5- A Song That Reminds You of Someone

Aerosmith "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing"



Summer 1998... Armageddon is released in theaters. This was one of the many movies that my high school sweetheart Ben and I saw that summer. However, this movie stood out for us. A few weeks after seeing it, we somehow got into the conversation about songs. Ben states that we should have "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" as our song. Okay, cool. We have a song!

That was 11 years ago. Whenever I hear it, I still think of Ben. But now, it also makes me think of David Cook, since he performed it when he was competing on American Idol. Looking back, I still think it was pretty bad ass to have an Aerosmith song represent what Ben and I had when we were a couple, hehe.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome song and a damn good movie. My high school sweetheart and mine's song was Stand By Me which she didn't but I do still think of her when I hear it. Of course as they say you never forget your first girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This song still totally makes me think of you and Ben, too! haha :)

    ReplyDelete