Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Song #6- A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere

Elton John "Bennie and the Jets"



When I was eight years old, my family and I went on a vacation to Las Vegas. It was a blast and I was very surprised at how much you can do in that town that is family friendly, like visiting the dolphins at the Mirage and the Pirate battle at Treasure Island. While we were there, my parents brought the camcorder to capture some of our vacation. Part of our home video was when we were driving down the Las Vegas strip in our rental car. Mom has the camcorder filming everything we drove by that evening. We had the radio on and "Bennie and the Jets" was playing. Well, you basically heard the entire song on the video. So every time I hear that song, I think of the Las Vegas strip.

No comments:

Post a Comment