Monday, June 20, 2011

20. A Song From a Musical That Is a Guilty Pleasure

Moulin Rouge "Lady Marmalade/Smells Like Teen Spirit/ Because We Can"



Moulin Rouge: a musical that blends early 20th century France and pop culture music. That makes this a complete guilty pleasure for me. To take a time in history and put a current, fun spin on it makes it one of the most entertaining tragic love stories I have ever seen. Baz Luhrmann has a talent of mixing more than one widely popular song together to create a new kind of masterpiece. I also love his color palette in all of his movies.. so vibrant and stimulating. I know if I lived back then, I would totally be one of the Children of the Revolution, since I am a firm believer of Freedom, Beauty, Truth, and (most of all) Love.

I also love that Christian is a writer, like me. Movies with characters who are writers have a special place in my love for movies :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment