Sunday, June 5, 2011

5. A Song From a Musical That Makes You Happy

High School Musical 3 "The Boys are Back"



When I found out the third High School Musical film would be released in theaters, I was intrigued. I knew the production value, the sets, and the choreography would be a lot bigger than the first two films. So, on the night of Thanksgiving 2009, I went with my sister and our friend/next door neighbor Kristin to see the movie. I did not expect to be blown away by everything about this movie/musical.

The Boys are Back is my absolute favorite scene in this movie. The choreography was brilliant.. a mix of breakdancing, Michael Jackson moves, and some of Kenny Ortega's personal style. I love seeing Troy and Chad using the car junkyard as a playground, even seeing themselves when they were younger. I don't know if I'm the only one that noticed this, but when the random car parts were moving around, it reminded me of The Wiz. It wouldn't put it past me if Ortega was paying homage to that musical (I noticed a lot of references to other musicals in the film). It was also this number that made me realize (and could no longer deny) that I have a crush on Zac Efron...

No comments:

Post a Comment