Friday, June 24, 2011

24. A Song From a Musical That Makes Me Laugh

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut "It's Easy MMMKay"



Give it to Trey Parker and Matt Stone for what could possibly be the most profane musical out there. I had actually forgotten this was a musical until someone suggested that I use this somewhere in my blog challenge. I remember seeing this movie in the theaters and having several moments where my jaw dropped immediately followed by laughter (I mean, I was 15 years old). Who wouldn't laugh over Terrence and Phillip singing "Uncle Fucker," realizing who is behind Cartman when he's performing "Kyle's Mom is a Bitch," or seeing the townspeople rally to "Blame Canada" for corrupting their children? It was hilarious to me as a teen and it is just as funny today.

Last week, the Tony Awards were on television. I had missed the show, but was happy to find out that Trey and Matt's musical, The Book of Mormon, won the most awards. I have heard rave reviews about the musical and finally found the number they performed at the Tony's. Who knew that the creators of South Park would ever have a Broadway hit on their hands???

The Book of Mormon "I Believe"



I cannot wait to see this show!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment