Wednesday, June 1, 2011

1. A Song From the First Musical You Listened To/ Heard

The Rocky Horror Picture Show- "Sweet Transvestite"



For anyone that's known me for a long time, this should not be a surprise at all.

I have mentioned in previous blogs about how my parents used to go to Westport every Friday and Saturday night to see the Rocky Horror Picture Show (twice a night) in the late 70's and early 80's. Naturally, they would play the movie at home occasionally after I was born. I can recall so many times where I would be playing in my room (or with my sister) and all of a sudden I could hear "It's astounding... time is fleeting..." on the television. I would stop whatever I was doing, dance The Time Warp and watch Sweet Transvestite, then go back to my room and resume playtime.

By the time I started getting involved in theater in high school, I found others who shared the same passion for the cult musical. And, the rest, is history... or posted on my Facebook profile (and my alter ego page). :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment