Friday, March 18, 2011

BC #17- Something You're Looking Forward To

Does anyone remember the very first blog I ever posted? Let me remind you: 1997: The Year Boy Bands Corrupted Me

Yes, this blog is related to Boy Bands... you have been warned.

In 2008, New Kids on the Block reunited, recorded an album, and went on tour. I had several friends go to this concert. I was a little bit interested in going, but it wasn't *my* boy band, the Backstreet Boys.

In 2010, there was a new development... and I witnessed this development turn into a reality while watching the AMA's:



NKOTBSB: aka... New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys

They announced they were going to tour together. Holy shit! Both groups together??? I can handle that one. When the 2011 tour dates were finally announced, Kansas City was not on the tour. I was a little sad for a second, but then my logic kicked in. They announced only the major cities to see how fast tickets will sell. Then they would add more dates. That is exactly what happened.

I looked up ticket prices and realized that there was no way I could afford two tickets (I'm one of those concert goers who can't buy a single ticket... that's just me. Movies are a different story). I figured I would slowly save up or use my tax refund to get them. A couple weeks go by and I get an e-mail from my Mom. It was a confirmation of tickets that she bought for an event at the Sprint Center.

So what are my plans for Saturday July 16th, 2011??? I'm going to the NKOTBSB concert and I am looking forward to boy band goodness. My head might explode from watching two boy bands on one stage, LOL


Okay.... to my Rocky Horror peeps. Yes, I am aware this is the same night as RHPS (not to mention it's the three year anniversary show- which would be the anniversary of when I lost my virginity at the Screenland). I am still planning on showing up for that.... I just can't promise what time I will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment