Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 12- Something You Never Get Compliments On

I don't know exactly how this started, but a lot of my friends (especially my guy friends) come to me for advice. Maybe it's because I am a good listener, or that I think from a logical, not emotional standpoint. Either way, I like it. Most of the advice that people ask me for is about relationships. I've helped guys think of creative places for dates, if a girl is playing games with them, and if the girl is losing interest. But, I also have been asked about financial solutions for various things or about friendship issues.

However, I don't seem to get complimented on it very much.

I'd like to assume that I am good at giving advice, since the same 5-6 people keep coming to me to talk about stuff, plus others at random. I mean, I keep the discussions between me and that person (that to me shows that I am trusting), I listen to what they have to say, and I ask questions to get a better picture of the situation before I start to offer them solutions. When someone posts on Facebook about issues, I try to offer them solutions too. I'm not saying I'm an expert on such things, but I don't receive any uncomfortable or angry responses. I also have been told by one person that I should try to pursue some sort of consultant-type of job where I can just give random advice to people. I don't even know where I would start if I seriously considered going that route.

Anyways, I guess I would just like to have some reassurance that I am great at giving advice. Everyone can benefit from hearing more "thank yous" each day :-)

2 comments:

  1. "Everyone can benefit from hearing more "thank yous" each day :-) " With this in mind I would like to say Thank You for your blog. It is both entertaining and thought provoking. I very much enjoy reading it daily. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. As late as it may be, I'd like to second Cecil's comment. If nothing else, getting to know you this way is keeping me busy. It stops me from dwelling on crap going on in my life right now. Thank you. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete