Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4- Something You Have to Forgive Someone For

I love my Grandma Savory... some of you have even read about the sacrifices I made to take care of her over the past 2 1/2 years. But there is something that she does that angers me at times, and I need to forgive her for it.

My Grandma has always been about family... nothing wrong with that. Her entire social life revolved around them. So when my Grandpa died in 2006, that really sent a major ripple effect in our family. Our family (immediate and extended) hasn't been the same. We've slowly grown apart and don't spend as much time, which saddens me a little.

Now that she's been in and out of assisted living facilities, she has really been lacking a social life. She doesn't want to interact with the other residents or get involved in any of the many activities that's offered. The only things that she does is watch television, sit in her room, and visit with family. Nothing else. She doesn't even eat in the dining hall. My family and I have been encouraging her to get out and do things, sometimes until we feel we are getting blue in the face.

But I cant blame her either. If I was married to the same person for nearly 60 years and lost him... I can't deny the possibility that I would do the same thing (even though I am a social person in general). So, to my Grandma, please forgive me for getting aggravated at you for not trying to make the most of your current situation. I know that you feel that you are approaching your final days in life, and I just want to see you happier than you have been lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment