Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16- Someone or Something You Definately Could Live Without

Allergies suck.

Once, sometimes twice a year, I have to deal with seasonal allergies. Most of my allergies come from pollen and dander, so I try to avoid the outdoors for a couple weeks in the Spring, and sometimes a week in the Fall. Sometimes it feels like I just have a cold, but other times, it can make me feel completely miserable.





When I was little, I had some extreme cases of allergy attacks. I remember rubbing my eyes to the point where the bags under my eyes got so swollen that I could barely see, or my eyes would be so dry that it was difficult to blink. I used to have nosebleeds that lasted for a half-hour or more. It got pretty annoying having to hold tissue while pinching your nose for that long, not to mention how red my nose would be afterwards. My body would randomly breakout with hives... and had to take those weird oatmeal type baths to get rid of them. I had to deal with these ailments until my family and I moved to Lee's Summit.

I don't know if it was because we were living in a brand new house or if I was just growing out of it, but my allergies got significantly better. The nosebleeds virtually disappeared. I was not dependent on allergy medications. It was a huge sigh of relief to be able to spend more time outdoors.



My allergies remain pretty mild to this day. However, I do keep my own personal stash of Claritin just in case I need to use them. It's still annoying having a runny nose or dealing with itchy eyes, but I deal with it like every other allergy sufferer out there. But, if there was a way for me to live without allergies, I would take advantage of it in a heartbeat! Here's to wishful thinking...

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. I am miserable throughout most of spring and fall. UGH.

    ReplyDelete