Saturday, November 27, 2010

Dream Interpretations

I woke up this morning recalling a very disturbing sex dream. You know, one of those dreams you remember in vivid detail, but you wish that you didn't??? Yea, I shuddered when I woke up this morning. Well, it got me thinking...

I have a photographic memory (obviously). So when I recall dreams, I write them down in a journal. I figure that some of the dreams may prove useful to me someday, like when I'm writing a novel. I also like to take these dreams and use a dream interpretation website ( http://www.dreammoods.com/ ) to see what my subconscious is trying to tell me.



For example, the dream I had last night was about a male from the Rocky Horror Fishnets and Floorshows cast. I have made small talk with him but I wouldn't say I know him personally. When I looked up "sex" on the dream moods website, they had several different scenarios about sex dreams. This is what I felt that was the most appropriate for my particular dream:

To dream about sex, refers to the integration and merging of contrasting aspects of yourself. It represents psychological completion. It may indicate repressed sexual desires and your needs for physical and emotional love.

To dream that you are having sex with a stranger, represents uncertainty about what is ahead. Alternatively, the dream allows you to experiment freely without having any hang ups, emotional baggage or preconceived notions associated with a person you would know. In such a scenario, you are able to let loose and express your desires, passions and emotions.

The part that refers to my needs for physical and emotional love.... completely dead on. I haven't been in a relationship for over three years, and given the holiday weekend going on right now, it's made me really miss having that kind of connection with somebody. I know I will get there someday, with someone, I just need to learn to be patient and enjoy the time that I have now.

Dreaming about having sex with a stranger, represents uncertainty about what is ahead... another dead on statement. The cast member is considered a stranger to me, and my uncertainties about the future are on my mind a lot... not just for the interest in starting a new relationship, but where I am going to be financially, career-wise, furthering my education, and if my living situation will change. 

The part that says the dream allows you to experiment freely without having any hang ups, only about half true. As enjoyable that it is to dream about someone that you are not involved with, I am not interested AT ALL in the guy (since I would rather forget the dream altogether).

I've always found it interesting to see how certain aspects of my life reflect in my dreams. I am glad I found this particular dream interpretation website. Not only does it give me some insight, but as I mentioned before I can use it as a resource for a future novel.  For my readers, you may see more random dreams of mine, except that I will actually write down the details of those dreams. I figured that going in detail about the sex dream would be too much information to share.... LOL.

1 comment:

  1. The holidays are a particularly hard time to not be in a relationship. Not that the rest of the year is much easier but all the ads and specials seem to shove the happy couple and or family theme down our throats. I do not need to be reminded that I am alone, I am well aware of it. Damn marketing machines and Hollywood! *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete