Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 7- Someone Who Has Made Your Life Worth Living For

There are some people in this world that I am happy to have in my life. They've helped me become who I am and keep a smile on my face. One person in particular has made the biggest impact, and that's pretty impressive for someone his age.

Yes, I am talking about my son Truman.

Finding out I was pregnant was one of the happiest things that I have experienced. I always wanted to become a parent, even though I didn't exactly plan to be one at the age of twenty. I hoped to have a boy, and could not stop smiling when I noticed a penis in the sonogram. Once he was born, I caught myself doing things that I said I was going to do when I was 11 years old: hold him all the time, constantly peek in on him when he was asleep, and talking to him like he was another adult (no baby talk). I never felt sleep deprived (seriously, I didn't!) and he wasn't much of a cryer (unless he was fighting sleep).

Fast forward to when Truman was 2 years old.... aka. the darkest times of our lives. I tried to protect Truman from the fights that his father and I had. Unfortunately, that didn't always happen. It scares me that witnessing some of those things could have done damage to him. But after all the fighting, Truman was there. He and I would hug each other (crying) and not want to let go. It was comforting to him and I. Once he and I moved out, I knew that Truman was going to be fine. He had my parents and my sister to help keep him the consistently happy little boy that he was raised.

Today, Truman is still a very happy little boy. Of course, like every other kid, he's going to have his moments, but he is essentially a well raised, well mannered kid. If Truman hadn't come into my life, I don't know where I would be or if I would still be alive. Truman was my light in that time of darkness and now, he's everything to me. I'm excited to see what's in store for him in the future!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment