Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 3- Something You Have to Forgive Yourself For

I have made some important decisions in my life. Ones that changed the direction of my life altogether. Nearly 3 years ago, I made what I considered the best decision I could for myself and for my son. After fighting and attempting to work through what seemed like fixable issues, I separated from the man I married and went through a divorce.



I do not regret making this decision at all, but during the divorce process I had this nagging feeling of guilt. I felt guilty about getting a divorce because I was raised in a family where divorce was pretty much nonexistent. For some reason, my immediate and extended families have all found "the one" and have stayed married for decades: my parents, aunts/uncles, cousins, and grandparents. So for me to not fall into that line of happy marriages makes me feel like the black sheep of the family.



I really shouldn't feel that way, especially since my family was completely supportive of my decision. I love that my family cares that much about my well being (and Truman's). I don't know what I would do without them. But I do need to forgive myself for feeling guilty. There was nothing wrong with making that decision and I have yet to find anyone that disagrees with me.

1 comment:

  1. You could have easily put this under Day 2! It seems like you did the right thing for you. Don't feel back about it.

    ReplyDelete