Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 21- Your Best Friend is In a Car Accident. You Two Got in a Fight the Hour Before. What Do You Do?

Let me paint you a mental picture...

Brandon and I are chatting online, as usual (we would be hanging out in person if we didn't live 5 hours away from each other). Let's say we are talking about dating and relationships and he says he wants to tell me he wants to take another chance with a female. I remind him about what happened with said female in the past and hope he knows what he wants to do. Then, he reluctantly says that he already did something. I get mad, yell at him and tell him that he's going down the same road again. Then I see he logs off. I assume he just wants to let off some steam since our conversation turned hostile.

An hour goes by and I get a phone call from an Arkansas area code. Hmm... he's not calling from his cell. Nope, it's not Brandon. It's his mom telling me that he was in a car accident and that Brandon is in the hospital.

Crap.

I tell her to tell Brandon that I am headed down there as soon as possible. I talk to my parents and tell them that I need to go and will make it back in a day, maybe two. So I make the drive down to see him. I stay with him in the hospital and only leave his side when I need to get something to eat. I completely forget about the fight... all I care about is that he's going to be fine and that he has me to be there for him, because that's what best friends do!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, that had to suck. The guilt must have been unbearable. I am glad you both made it through that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... this didn't happen. It's a made up scenario, but my best friend would agree that this is how the situation would go down....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now I just feel silly. Shows what a great writer you are though. Well done!

    ReplyDelete