To anyone who was recently heartbroken,
I know you are an emotional mess right now, and you have every right to be. Your friends are going to try to cheer you up, say you are better off without the person you are no longer attached to, and push you to get out in the dating world before you are ready. I would like to offer you something when you are having those moments of solitude.
Music is a great source of therapy. Finding the right songs to help you through the many phases post-breakup will make you feel better as time goes on. I have compiled a playlist just for you to enjoy, no matter how you are feeling about your ex. Some of these songs you may feel belong in a different category, which might be true. I just know that's where I would personally place them, but feel free to arrange this for your personal listening pleasure.
The "Sad" Breakup Songs:
1. Poison "Every Rose Has It's Thorns"
2. Boyz II Men "End of the Road"
3. No Doubt "Don't Speak"
4. Lady Antebellum "Need You Now"
The "Angry" Breakup Songs:
5. Kelly Clarkson "My December"
6. Limp Bizkit "Nookie"
7. Puddle of Mudd "She Hates Me"
8. Alanis Morissette "You Oughta Know"
9. Eamon "(Fuck It) I Don't Want You Back"
10. Cee Lo Green "Fuck You"
The "I Have No Sympathy For You" Songs:
11. Carrie Underwood "Before He Cheats"
12. Justin Timberlake "Cry Me a River"
13. Bon Jovi "You Give Love a Bad Name"
14. All American Rejects "Gives You Hell"
15. Backstreet Boys "Don't Want You Back"
16. Beyonce "Irreplaceable"
17. Justin Timberlake "What Goes Around Comes Around"
The "I'm Over You and Moving On" Songs:
18. Pink "So What"
19. Kelly Clarkson "Since You've Been Gone"
20. Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow "Picture"
21. Christina Aguilera "Fighter"
22. Britney Spears "Stronger"
Now, I know it will take some time to get over your ex, but at least you know exactly what you need to listen to to help you out. I hope this helps give you a little bit of closure, maybe even introduce you to a few new songs. Oh, and if you need anything (a hug, more song suggestions, a place where you can go to break stuff), please don't hesitate to ask. I am pretty resourceful.
Take care of yourself,
Casey Leigh :^D